First things first. A look at the features:-
- Supports Socket FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W processors.
- Premium Gold Capacitor Design, Digi Power, 8 + 2 Power Phase Design.
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2600+(OC).
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 2 x PCI.
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™, CrossFireX™ and Dual Graphics.
- Integrated AMD Radeon™ R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU.
- Graphics Output Options : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort.
- Supports Quad Monitor with FM2+ CPU.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect.
- 7 x SATA3, 1 x eSATA, 6 x USB 3.0 (2 Front, 4 Rear), 8 x USB 2.0.
- Supports A-Tuning, XFast 555, X-Boost, Easy Driver Installer, FAN-Tastic Tuning, USB Key.
Now ask me this question, ‘Why do you think the ASRock FM2A88X Extreme 6+ is the best FM2 motherboard as of 2014?’
Well, look at the features! It’s a very feature rich motherboard with everything that you would expect from a high end motherboard.
It’s got everything- gold plated, solid state caps, crossfire support, seven SATA 3.0 ports and even six USB 3.0 ports. The FM2 motherboard also has every video output that you will need and not to mention a Realtek ALC1150 chipset and the TI NE5532 Amp that lets you plug in 600ohm headsets.
The ASRock FM2A88X Extreme 6+ motherboard is also well laid out and one thing you will notice is that the first slot Is a PCIe 1x slot which ensures that even if you have triple slot GPUs, you won’t be sacrificing all of your expansion slots at once.
Don’t know what’s PCIe?
Then I think you should check Wikipedia.
That will solve your problem.
Then you have the usual assortment of front facing SATA ports, power and reset switches and a BIOS switch to switch between the two BIOS options that you get.
The motherboard is not without cons either. There’s only one PWM Fan to the board ( not counting the one for the CPU).
Still, the ASRock FM2A88X Extreme 6+ is a feature rich motherboard and not to mention about BIOS options which is quite comprehensive for a tweaker. Yes, as of 2014 I think this motherboard is the best FM2 motherboard.